Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Welcome!

Hi everybody! Welcome to my new blog. I'm going to try to keep this one up-to-date as much as possible. Some posts may be pretty long, as I tend to ramble...just a warning!

Okay, where should I begin? Well, I finished my first year of teaching and now I'm enjoying the summer, although I'm starting to get bored... I taught in Pasadena ISD last year (8th grade science), and this year I will be in Kirbyville ISD teaching 7th and 8th grade math. I am so excited about the change. Here's a short description of why...

Last July (2008) I moved from Kirbyville to Pasadena to stay with my parents and find a job. There were just no open positions in Kirbyville ISD, and I had to find a job SOMEWHERE. In late July/early August, I was offered a position at an intermediate school in Pasadena, and it was a great opportunity, so I accepted it. Of course, this meant I would either need to find a place to live or live with my parents. My parents were nice enough to let me live with them, and things went very well. Everyone got along nicely...but I was not happy, because I was away from my husband. At first, I was unable to, but eventually, I started driving to Kirbyville every weekend to see him. The drive is about two and a half hours each way.

I was a substitute teacher in 2007-08 in Kirbyville, and I kept in touch with the principals at the elementary and junior high schools...and when a position came open, the junior high principal called me. I applied for the position, interviewed, and was offered the position! So...after the last day of school in Pasadena, I packed up my classroom and my room at my parents' house, and with the help of my husband and stepsons, I moved everything back to Kirbyville.

In other news... I went and worked on my classroom today for a while. I definitely have a long way to go!

I've developed an addiction to Farm Town on Facebook... and Farkle... and Hexic. Every time I get out my laptop, I hear a groan from Lonny...haha. I just think I should be able to enjoy it while I can...I mean, when school starts, I'll definitely have to slow down.

Suzy (Lonny's daughter) is 8 months pregnant today! She's due at the end of August...but I'm trying to talk her into waiting until September 1 so the baby and I can share a birthday...LOL I doubt she'll make it that long, though. We've been talking about what the baby should call me...since I'm married to the baby's grandpa, younger than the baby's mom, and don't have any kids of my own yet. Any ideas??? I just figure he'll figure it out for himself as he gets older and starts to talk. And won't it be interesting if he has an aunt or uncle (my future kid) who is younger than he is? LOL

Well, I can't think of anything else right this second to talk about...but rest assured, random thoughts and ideas are constantly running through my head, and I'm planning to use this blog as an outlet. Please feel free to leave comments and ideas if you have them. Just remember, be nice! I hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I got to be the FIRST follower! Woohoo!! And I do believe Sept 1st should be the day! *wink*

    ReplyDelete