Okay...so I admit it...I am a procrastinator. And it drives me crazy when others do it. Am I a hypocrite? Maybe... I know it gets on my husband's nerves, too. It's something that I have resolved to work on...tomorrow...LOL (Just kidding, I really do recognize the problem and want to work on it!) But who's perfect, right? What are some of your pet peeves? What really drives you NUTS? It's okay to have pet peeves, as long as you recognize your own imperfections as well, I believe. So this post may seem like griping, but I just need to get this out, so bear with me.
Pet Peeve #1 : People who talk "down" to me and treat me like I don't know anything. I am a fairly intelligent person and, although I admit I don't know everything, I can learn it. Don't think that because you know something I don't, you're better than me! Ignorance and stupidity are not the same thing. Instead of making me feel badly for not knowing something, teach me!
Pet Peeve #2 : Cleaning the house and someone following behind me and messing it up... I live with my husband and 17 year old stepson. You would think that would make keeping the house clean fairly easy. In some ways, it does. I have some little pet peeves that some people probably think are crazy. For instance... Cody, pick up your dirty socks! Make sure you put your laundry in the correct hamper (I have different ones for whites and colored clothes.) And PLEASE...you don't have to wash every dish you use right away, but at least rinse it! I can't stand to wash dishes that have day-old dried food on them. YUCK!
Pet Peeve #3 : People who take screaming kids to adult restaurants and then let them act crazy. Yes, I know...easy for me to say. I don't have kids. But my parents raised my brother and me to sit quietly and to behave in a restaurant. We knew how we were expected to behave, and we knew what would happen if we didn't. I'm not saying a child has to be perfect. I love kids, and babies laughing and making noises is cute! But when your little one starts throwing an all-out FIT and disrupts everyone else's meal, it's time to handle it. Take them outside for a few minutes of calming down-time. Give them a bottle. Take them to the restroom for a good "talking-to." Just take care of it.
Pet Peeve #4 : Liars, Insincere people, and Fake people. I'm putting all these in one, because they're all about the same. I know we are all guilty of this from time to time. I just think that when you do something and you know it's wrong, you should be an adult and own up to it. "Yes, I did that...and I'm truly sorry" goes a long way when the other party can tell you mean it. And don't be fake. If you have a problem with me, fine. We don't all have to be best friends, but don't pretend to be my friend and walk away from me rolling your eyes and thinking, "What a B*TCH!" I'd rather you let me know if you have a problem, so we can resolve it, but that is up to the person. If they choose not to, there's not much I can do. Just please don't pretend to be my friend when you really can't stand me!
Okay, I feel better now. You're probably thinking, "Wow, she must've had a rough day..." to be writing this. Well, not really. This is just something that's been on my mind for a while. But being the procrastinator that I am, I have put off writing about it. Just like I waited so long to start this blog. But hey, I did it. And I'm acknowledging my weaknesses and resolving to work on them...so BACK OFF!!! (Just kidding...again.) Thanks for reading my rambling. Feel free to comment and add some of your own peeves.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Do I need to give you starbucks and make you take a tour of Dollar Tree??
ReplyDeleteHa! That was a fun night. Was it that obvious I was in a crappy mood yesterday? LOL Let's just say living together every day rather than just the weekends is taking some adjustments...I love him, but we sometimes drive each other a little bit crazy!
ReplyDelete